Patrons have access to genealogy resources including Ancestry Library Edition, maps, genealogy records, and over two thousand microfilm rolls.
The Conyers Rockdale Library System won a Common Heritage Grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities in January 2018. The Common Heritage initiative helps to increase public awareness about the importance of preserving and providing access to local heritage collections. Grant monies provided for the purchase of special digitization equipment including laptops and scanners that are available for the community. A valid PINES library card is required to use the Common Heritage equipment in the Library.
A variety of formats can be digitized including photographs, letters, military certificates, slides, film negatives, etc. Please contact the Adult Services Department for specific format questions.
Common heritage is available during the Library’s open hours for 2 hours at a time as long as no one is waiting.
Through Ancestry Library Edition patrons have access to:
- U.S. Federal Census 1790-1940
- Vital Records
- Military Records
- Immigration Records
Included in our microfilm collection are:
- Conyers Newspaper: 1878-2007
- American Ancestry Records prior to 1776
- Revolutionary War Soldier Records (Georgia)
- National Archives: Georgia Counties 1820-1920
- Georgia 1880 Census
- Slave Schedules 1850 & 1860
- Colonial Records of Georgia: 1732-1805
- North Carolina 1810 Census
- North Carolina 1850 Slave Schedule
- Virginia 1850 Census
- Virginia 1850 Slave Schedule